Monday, August 20, 2012

Love Other by Forgiving!

This week I told the Kids in Kids Church the story found in John 21:15-19. If you have time read it ...  
It's a story about LOVE and RESTORATION ......  Love is choosing to give someone your time and friendship no matter what!  You know spending time with someone and being their friend is usually easy, but it's that "no matter what" part that can be hard!!  Especially when someone hurts us ..... There have been people in my life that have hurt me really bad, or even let me down and it has really hurt me.
But the Bible says ... that we can show love to others ..... by forgiving them!  Hmmmm  .... that's tough stuff!  .....  I don't know about you but I need to be reminded of that!  Just like Jesus forgave Peter for denying Him in His darkest hour, we can forgive others when they hurt us or let us down.  

Dear God, Thank you for forgiving me!  I know I've let you down more than three times in my life, but every time you forgave me!  Help me to treat others the way I want to be treated by forgiving them! Help our kids to grasp this lesson and practice it every day!   AMEN :)



1 comment: